The most favorite Sci-Fi Party Line tradition is back!
Welcome to our SIXTH ANNUAL TURD OFF!
We mention several terrible films such as Vice, Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, 400 Days, Robot Overlords, Teenage Mutant Ninja, and more but they didn’t make the Official Turd List because they weren’t popular enough and/or had no expectation of being epic.
These are the criteria that we base our decision:
1) Squandered Effects: Did they have a budget and use SFX in a meaningful way to advance the story or were SFX not compelling and misused/underutilized given the budget of the film.
2) Acting?: The acting contribute to the enjoyment of the film or was it painful to watch? Did the casting make sense for the film?
3) Turdage Per Dollar: Was there a big budget and nothing to show for it? Did they use the budget to create an effective film or was it wasted?
4) Fury Up On Exit: Were you pissed off when you were done watching this film. Do you still have residual fury when you talk about it.
5) Which Sequel Would Offend the Least?: Do you want a sequel? Could you tolerate a sequel:
2015 Official Turd List
Fantastic Four – $120M Production Budget, $56M Domestic Gross, $168M International — Made the list because it is a Marvel property and should live up to Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Agents of SHEILD, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones.
Jupiter Ascending – $176M Production Budget, $47M Domestic Gross, $176M International — Made the list because it was a highly anticipated project from the Wachowski’s.
Terminator: Genisys – $155M Production Budget, $89M Domestic Gross, $350 International — Made the list because it brought back Arnold Schwartznegger as the Terminator and starred Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney.
“Blanded to DEATH!”
– Carl (@robominister)
“That was the worst type of anything that you could have done, ever!”
– Cat (@fancyfembot)
Films of Turds Past
2010 Last Airbender vs. Skyline*
2011 Cowboys & Aliens vs. Transformers: Dark of the Moon*
2012 Branded* vs. Lockout
2013 After Earth* vs. RIPD and The Host vs. Gallowwalkers
2014 The Signal vs. Transformers: Age of Extinction*
*Winners of past Turd Offs
We have a new Facebook discussion group!
Voice mail: 773-336-2686
Sci-Fi Party Line Podcast: http://scifipartyline.com
Facebook: Sci-Fi Party Line
Google+: SFPL on G+
Stitcher: SFPL on Stitcher
Sci-Fi Party Line’s Dragon*Con Portal: http://dragoncon.scifipartyline.com/
The Sci-Fi Party Line theme was created by Eric Escamilla of the Doctor Who: Mostly Harmless Cutaway.
The Sci-Fi Party Line end theme “Son of a Rocket” was created by Kevin MacLeod and licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.