It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
It’s part 3 of the SEVENTH ANNUAL SCI-FI PARTY LINE TURD OFF!
Your patience has paid off! Cat (@fancyfembot) and Carl (@robominister) wrap up the longest TURD OFF ever. Before we do, we review Star Trek Beyond. After that, we decide which was the turdiest sci-fi film of 2016: Arrival, Morgan, Independence Day: Resurgence, or X-Men: Apocalypse.
These are the criteria that we base our decision:
1) Squandered Effects: Did they have a budget and use SFX in a meaningful way to advance the story or were SFX not compelling and misused/underutilized given the budget of the film?
2) Acting?: The acting contribute to the enjoyment of the film or was it painful to watch? Did the casting make sense for the film?
3) Turdage Per Dollar: Was there a big budget and nothing to show for it? Did they use the budget to create an effective film or was it wasted?
4) Fury Up On Exit: Were you pissed off when you were done watching this film? Do you still have residual fury when you talk about it?
5) Which Sequel Would Offend the Least?: Do you want a sequel? Could you tolerate a sequel?
Films of Turds Past
2010 Last Airbender vs. Skyline*
2011 Cowboys & Aliens vs. Transformers: Dark of the Moon*
2012 Branded* vs. Lockout
2013 After Earth* vs. RIPD and The Host vs. Gallowwalkers
2014 The Signal vs. Transformers: Age of Extinction*
2015 Fantastic Four* vs. Jupiter Ascending vs. Terminator: Genisys
*Winners of past Turd Offs
We have a new Facebook discussion group!
Sci-Fi Party Line Podcast: http://scifipartyline.com
Facebook: Sci-Fi Party Line
Google+: SFPL on G+
Stitcher: SFPL on Stitcher
Sci-Fi Party Line’s Dragon*Con Portal: http://dragoncon.scifipartyline.com/