Final part of the beloved Sci-Fi Party Line tradition continues…
We have the FINAL FOUR candidates for the EIGHTH ANNUAL TURD OFF !
Final Four Turds:
- Transformers: The Last Knight
- The Mummy
- Beyond Skyline
1) Squandered Effects: Did they have a budget and use SFX in a meaningful way to advance the story or were SFX not compelling and misused/underutilized given the budget of the film?
2) Acting?: The acting contribute to the enjoyment of the film or was it painful to watch? Did the casting make sense for the film?
3) Turdage Per Dollar: Was there a big budget and nothing to show for it? Did they use the budget to create an effective film or was it wasted?
4) Fury Up On Exit: Were you pissed off when you were done watching this film? Do you still have residual fury when you talk about it?
5) Which Sequel Would Offend the Least?: Do you want a sequel? Could you tolerate a sequel?
Films of Turds Past:
2010 Last Airbender vs. Skyline*
2011 Cowboys & Aliens vs. Transformers: Dark of the Moon*
2012 Branded* vs. Lockout
2013 After Earth* vs. RIPD and The Host vs. Gallowwalkers
2014 The Signal vs. Transformers: Age of Extinction*
2015 Fantastic Four* vs. Jupiter Ascending vs. Terminator: Genisys
2016 Arrival vs. Morgan vs. Independence Day: Resurgence* vs. X-Men: Apocalypse
2017 Transformers: The Last Knight vs. Geostorm vs. The Mummy vs. Beyond Skyline (Listen to find out!)
*Turd Off winner for that year
We have a new Facebook discussion group!
Voice mail: 773-336-2686
Sci-Fi Party Line Podcast: http://scifipartyline.com
Facebook: Sci-Fi Party Line
Google+: SFPL on G+
Stitcher: SFPL on Stitcher
Sci-Fi Party Line’s Dragon*Con Portal: http://dragoncon.scifipartyline.com/
The Sci-Fi Party Line theme was created by Eric Escamilla of the Doctor Who: Mostly Harmless Cutaway.
The Sci-Fi Party Line end theme “Son of a Rocket” was created by Kevin MacLeod and licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.